Our professional financial counselors will sit down with you one-on-one and learn about your specific situation – your hopes, dreams, and goals. We will help you create a budget, improve your credit score, reduce debt, access safe and affordable bank accounts, and save money for the future.
Schedule a free financial counseling appointment!
Phone: (517) 483- 4550
What to expect in a session:
• The session will last 30 to 60 minutes
• In the first session, the client and counselor will be completing a thorough Financial Health Assessment. This assessment captures demographics, service plan interest, financial health (income, spending, assets), financial services (usage, costs, and possible needs), and debt assessment (liabilities, costs, payment ratios, creditors, etc.), if applicable.
• After the Financial Health Assessment, the clients and counselor will decide which service plan or plans best fit the client. These service plans are: Reducing Debt, Establishing/Improving Credit, Increasing Savings, and Access to Banking. Creating a seasonable budget is part of all service plans, and a free credit report will be provided to every client, unless they opt out.
What to bring:
- Social Security Number
- Bank Statements
- Pay Stubs/All Sources of Income
- Household Bills
Reducing Debt Service Plan
- Decrease debt by at least 10%
Establishing/Improving Credit Service Plan
- (For those without credit) Establish credit score
- (For those with credit) increase score by at least 35 points
Increasing Savings Service Plan
- Increase savings by at least 2% of net income.
Access Banking Service Plan
- (For those without a bank account) Open a safe and affordable bank account
- (For those with a bank account) Transition to a safe and affordable bank account
- (For all) Bank account is open 6 months later