A Story to Brighten Your Day
Recently, a large family moved to Lansing from out of state. They had no home, no food, and no personal hygiene items. They also needed help vaccinating their youngest child. Our direct assistance team was able to supply them with food, personal needs items, diapers/wipes/formula, and clothing for each of the family members at no cost to them. They also connected them with organizations that provide housing. Lastly, they referred them to our Family Health Center team, who stepped up immediately to set up a last minute appointment and complete their baby's vaccinations. Stories like this are why we do what we do.
The Capital City Church of Lansing has rallied together to donate enough personal needs and baby items each month to help over 30 adults and 40 babies during the COVID-19 pandemic through our personal needs pantry. Thank you Capital City Church of Lansing!
Our 14th Annual Golf Fore Giving was a Huge Success!
A huge thank you goes out to all of our generous sponsors and those who participated in our 14th Annual Golf Fore Giving. With your support, we were able to raise funds to go towards our critical programs to meet needs in the community.
What's Coming up at the Center?
The Cristo Rey Community Center and Blue Cross Complete Baby Shower is back on this September! Stay tuned on Facebook and our website for more information.
How You Can Make a Difference
Some items we are particularly in need of right now:
- diapers, baby wipes, formula, and deodorant
Items we are always accepting:
- baby items, personal needs items (including feminine hygiene products), and food items (non-perishable)
Call 517-372-4700 to inquire about donating items.
During COVID-19, We Continue to Offer...
- Food Pantry items for pick up, meals twice a day (Monday through Friday in our Community Kitchen, packaged and distributed through a window), and Open Distribution of fresh produce and other items twice a month.
- Personal hygiene and baby items which community members can sign up to receive by appointment.
- Family Health Center telehealth services, vaccinations, and select in person appointments.
- Financial Empowerment Center and Counseling Center assistance available by appointment.
14% of insured Americans don't fill their prescriptions or skip doses of their medication due to the costs. Our Prescription Assistance Program offers access to free or low cost prescription medications critical to quality of life and ongoing health maintenance.
We want to hear from you!
Tell us one thing that has inspired you or brought you joy in this season and we may share your story on our social media.
Follow us on social media, and check out our new Instagram page!
Our Contact Information