Lansing, MI 48906
- Provide general oversight of the medical center to maintain efficiencies and daily practices
- Supervise Medical Assistants and Office Support Staff in the medical practice.
- Primary support for medical providers to ensure adequate delivery of healthcare
- Perform care management responsibilities, including making follow up phone calls after patients have been discharged from the hospital and calling patients as needed per provider request for care management.
- Accepts, opens, and distributes mail to providers.
- Oversee training requirements for health center staff.
- Administer the sliding-fee-discount scale.
- Ensure the medical practice adheres to healthcare safety measures for both patient and employee safety.
- Maintain thorough communication with providers regarding QI measures, PQRS provider responsibilities, and Meaningful Use measures and how they affect providers work flow
- Assess cost/benefit practices in the clinic by determining reimbursement rates for procedures performed in the clinic frequently and educating providers on how to charge and document them. For example: smoking screen and smoking cessation education, depression screen, adult vaccinations, ear irrigation, etc.
- Perform all credentialing requirements for providers
- Perform as-needed monthly McKesson ordering for medical supplies
- Communicate with patients regarding inquiries and complaints and ensure patient satisfaction
- Manage insurance contracts and ensure compliance with contracts
- Control removal of medical waste in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Keep track of equipment and devices and manage inventory
- Provide operation data to medical director, executive director, and grant writers as needed
- Arrange for emergency maintenance visits for the clinic
- Order office supplies
- Maintain relationship with Sparrow billing and monitor claims to insurance
- Other duties as assigned by the Medical Director
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Motivated self-starter, with excellent communication skills and a high-level of integrity
- Strong organizational skills
- Bilingual – English and Spanish required
Education & Experience Required:
- BLS Certified
- Minimum 3 years working in an ambulatory medical practice
- Minimum 3 years Administrative Assistant experience
- Medical terminology proficiency preferred
Combination of education, experience, and or training equivalent to that of which would be acquired through an associate’s degree